Chippo is the viral new golf game for beach, backyard, tailgate, office and clubhouse – a patented, mind-blowing mash-up of golf and traditional backyard games! We’ve combined the old fashioned, beer-slugging, tailgate-dominating, sunshine-basking goodness of games like cornhole with the gentlemanly, giddiness-inducing, side-betting beauty of golf.
Chippo is the only backyard game where you can work over your buddies, while working on your short game – revolutionary! As seen on Golf Digest, The Golf Channel, Golf.com, PGA.com, Forbes, Barstool Sports, Men’s Health, The Huffington Post, the PGA Tour and Topgolf…and even played by top PGA Tour Pros!
What Come’s With Chippo?
- Each Chippo set includes two target boards.
- Each board measures 40″ x 24″ x 1.4″ and weighs just under 10 lbs.
- Quality artificial turf covers the surface of each board, mimicking the feel of a real green and making for some sick spins and bounces.
- Each board includes three strategically placed holes for scoring.
- Netting is attached to each hole to catch scoring shots, leaving no confusion over the tally and preventing fist fights.
- The legs fold under for easy storage and transportation.
- There is a compartment to store the mats built into the underside of each board.
- Each Chippo set includes two chipping mats.
- Our mats are made of quality artificial turf attached to heavy rubber so it doesn’t move when you hit the ball.
- The mats also enable you to play Chippo on any surface.
- Here, we name a few surfaces on which one can play Chippo: sand at the beach, grass in a backyard or park, asphalt in a parking lot or driveway, the patio at the clubhouse, carpet at the office, tile in your bathroom, cheese or barbecue spare ribs (not sure which one is true) on the surface of the moon.
HOW DO YOU PLAY CHIPPO?
Like all great and beautiful things, playing Chippo is pretty simple:
- Step One: Set up the boards as depicted above.
- Step Two: Find three friends (or highly skilled pets) and start chipping!
Chippo is easy enough for non-golfers, and pros can move the boards back for a more challenging game.
Gameplay is reminiscent of cornhole, washers or horseshoes, but with some cool new twists. Flip a coin to start, winners go first from there on out. You take three shots in a row at the target board and tally your total score like-a-this:
- 1 point: Just hit the board on a fly.
- 3 points: Drain your shot in the larger center hole.
- 5 points: Send the ball to its home in either top corner hole.
- 2x points: If you’re a surgeon with a sixty degree wedge, bounce your shot off the chipping mat for double (2, 6 or 10) points. Promptly yell “Mashed Potatoes!”
Your opponent standing next to you goes next. The player with the highest total score wins that “hole” for his/her team. The players on the other side then battle it out for “hole” #2, and so on.
Play an 18 “hole” match. Settle ties with a sudden death playoff – intense! You can drink beer, heckle your friends and gamble while doing this. Life is good. Keep in mind, these are the standard Chippo Match Play Rules but, like golf, there are many different ways to keep score while playing Chippo such as Stroke Play and Nassau.
MEET THE INVENTORS
Let’s face it. There are two things that washed up athletes love more than anything else in this world. And those two things are golf and backyard games. Here’s another fact: a recent study – which was done using science – found that washed up athletes make up 98% of the world’s population.
So, Brendan and Matt (two supremely washed up athletes and the co-founders of Chippo Golf LLC) decided to invent a game that combines the two things that 98% of the population love more than anything else in the world. That’s how Chippo was born. You’re welcome.
Both avid golfers, both intensely competitive backyard gamers, and both incredibly bad at both golf and backyard games, Brendan and Matt had grown accustomed to failure and loss. But when the idea for Chippo popped into Brendan’s head one night, he immediately ran around telling everyone and anyone about his amazing new idea. His friend and future brother-in-law Matt actually listened.
Now Matt, as previously mentioned, was also a lifelong loser (especially at gambling) and fully intended on stealing the idea and selling it to cover his gambling debts. But, instead these two men, realizing the potential merits of teamwork – and also the fact that even when combined they barely made up one competent human – eventually decided to work together to bring Chippo to the masses. Could Chippo be their shot at redemption?
Only time will tell. Thanks for playing Chippo.